The Jeep® The brand continues to expand high-tech offerings to its new Grand Cherokee family of vehicles, bringing Amazon Fire TV for Auto, a new 10.25-inch interactive front passenger display, new appearance packages and several new exterior colors to the 2022 model year Jeep Grand Cherokee L.
“The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee L broke new ground and turned heads when it debuted, featuring its first-ever three-row seating along with legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, as well as its stunning interior and next-generation technologies,” said Jim Morrison, vice president and head of Jeep brand – North America. “For the 2022 model year, the Grand Cherokee L gains content we’ve already announced on the new Grand Cherokee, and packs the 2022 model with new premium features that take the first-ever three-row Grand Cherokee to another level, including a class-leading digital screen space to keep the whole family safe and connected on all their adventures.”
More screens = more connectivity
The Grand Cherokee L offers the most available technology features in its class. With the addition of new front and rear interactive displays, the Grand Cherokee L now has more than 50 inches of total available digital screen space. New features for the 2022 model year include:
- A segment-exclusive 10.25-inch front passenger display offers co-pilot assistance with navigation, camera view and visual entertainment (available on Limited, Overland and Summit models, standard on Summit Reserve)
- Dual 10.1-inch high-definition rear seat entertainment screens with built-in Amazon Fire TV (available on Limited, Overland and Summit models)
- Amazon Fire TV to stream videos, play games, listen to music, access information and watch downloaded content while on the go:
- Connect Amazon Fire TV via Wi-Fi hotspot in vehicle or mobile device
- Watch on-demand or downloaded Prime Video content offline with 16GB built-in storage for each rear display (9GB available storage per rear display)
- View content individually on each rear screen or mirror across both screens to view together
- Includes two voice remotes with Alexa to easily find, launch and control content
Front and rear passenger screens also have an HDMI connector to project content from wireless devices onto the screen and through the Uconnect 5 system. The front seat passenger can also easily monitor, as well as stop, start and pause, the contents of the rear display.
New Limited Black and Summit High Altitude packages add distinctive exterior details, including 20-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels on Limited, 21-inch Gloss Black aluminum wheels on Summit, Gloss Black exterior accents and badging, roof rails and a unique seven-slot grille (late availability ).
Three new exterior colors will also be available for the 2022 Grand Cherokee L, including Ember (available on Limited, Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve), Hydro Blue (available on Overland, Summit and Summit Reserve) and Midnight Sky (available on Limited, Overland , Summit and Summit Reserve).
Orders are now open for both the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L (three-row) and the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee (two-row) through Jeep dealers.
Built on 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand that brings capability, craftsmanship and versatility to people seeking extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand offers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of safety and security to tackle any journey with confidence. The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee 4xe, Renegade and Wrangler and Wrangler 4xe. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program available for the entire Jeep 4×4 range, is packed with perks and exclusive benefits to provide Jeep brand owners with the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The legendary Jeep brand’s off-road prowess is enhanced by a global electrification initiative that transforms the 4xe into a new 4×4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of achieving Zero Emission Freedom. All Jeep vehicles will offer an electrified variant by 2025.