New study reveals data on age, gender and income for Jeep Wrangler owners

2022 JeepĀ® Wrangler Rubicon 4xe

Owning a jeep can feel like being in an exclusive club of some kind. Those who are regular practitioners of the “Jeep wave” are well aware of what it means to own a Jeep in their lives.

But what exactly do we know about jeeps? Market research conducted by Hodges & Company collected data on thousands of jeep owners from 2007-2018 and 2018-2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimiteds and goes into detail about whether the brand is aimed more at men than women, if the average jeep owner is a parent, their average annual and median income, where in the United States they live, and more.

WHICH STATES HAVE THE MOST WRANGLERS?

Of the 50 states, most 2007-2021 Jeep Wranglers and Unlimiteds (JK and JL) can be found in New York, followed by Texas, California, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

For most Jeep Wranglers (2007-2021 JK, JKU, JL and JLU) per capita, Oklahoma came first, followed by Michigan, New Hampshire, Wyoming and then New Jersey.

ARE MOST WRANGLER OWNERS WOMEN?

Another debate about Jeep Wranglers is that whether the model benefits more among women than men. Are they mostly driven by football moms who pick up the kids from school? Or it is still largely run by men.

The data claim that 28% of all 2007-2018 Wrangler JK and Unlimited JKU owners are women, while the other 72% are men.

It is not until the newer (2018-2021) 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) versions that the math changes a bit. Of these models, 30% of Wrangler Unlimited’s owners are women. But of the owners of the two-door Wrangler that year, only 26% were women.

Hodges & Company collected data from a consumer database of over 300,000 jeep owners for their gender analysis.

HOW MUCH DOES A JEEP WRANGLER OWNER EARN?

As many may know, jeeps are not cheap. The MSRP for a 2022 base model Jeep Wrangler starts at $ 29,995, and the many trim and features will only send the price up. So what does this say about the annual income of a jeep owner?

According to the data, the average annual household income of a two-door Jeep JL is $ 115,616. Owners of a 4-door Jeep JLU have a slightly higher annual household income of $ 122,673.

Meanwhile, have Median Household income in the United States in 2020 was $ 67,621, and median income for employees was approximately $ 43,000 the same year.

Hodges & Company collected this information from over 400,000 2007-2021 Jeep Wrangler owners.

HOW MANY WRANGLER OWNERS ARE ALSO HOUSE OWNERS?

If you own a Jeep Wrangler, chances are you are also a homeowner. About 94% of new 2018-2021 JL and JLU owners also own a home with an average value of $ 200,000.

Obviously, the value of a home is different depending on the state. The average home in West Virginia is valued at $ 107,064, while in California the average home is valued at $ 579,332.

About 64-67% of Americans are homeowners, so it is reasonable to suggest that Wrangler owners get higher scores than the US average.

At the same time, owners of 2007-2018 JK and JKU are 85% as homeowners.

AGE AND CHILDREN OF WRANGLER OWNERS

The data in this study found that a significant demographic of Jeep Wrangler owners is between 25 and 54 years old. Below are the average percentages for age groups for owners of Jeep JL 2018-2021, where 93% of them have children:

  • Under 25: 1%
  • 25 to 54: 38%
  • 55 to 64: 30%
  • 65 and older: 31%

Owners of the 2018-2021 Jeep JLU have significantly different numbers. With 96% of them reported to be parents, the four doors make it a favorite among families.

  • Under 25: less than 1%
  • 25 to 54: 56%
  • 55 to 64: 28%
  • 65 and older: 16%

For owners of 2007-2018 Jeep JK, 92% are reported to have children:

  • Under 25: less than 1%
  • 25 to 54: 33%
  • 55 to 64: 34%
  • 65 and older: 33%

Finally, below are the average age groups for 2007-2018 Jeep JKU owners, with 94% of those having children. Like the newer models, the four-door Wranglers are very popular with families as opposed to the two-door versions.

  • Under 25: less than 1%
  • 25 to 54: 52%
  • 55 to 64: 29%
  • 65 and older: 19%

So what does this information tell us? Chances are that if you own a Jeep, you are more likely to use it to pick up the kids from school than to take the terrain.

.

Leave a Comment