Overall, I am very happy with the car. The way it drives on the highways can make you forget the big 30.
BHPian road trip lover recently shared this with fellow enthusiasts.
First of all, thanks to every Compass owner/prospect for posting their experiences on this forum. It was very helpful for me in my journey of buying the compass. Now let me share my experience with Jeep Compass.
PS: This is my first post on the forum, so excuse me if I miss some important details. I will be more than happy to expand on any of the following points, or share more details if you have any questions.
I’m a technician who works remotely, and the last two years have given me great opportunities to work from the mountains. My dad’s Elite i20 Asta (0)  never disappointed me on these trips, but in November 2022 I started thinking about buying my own car because I realized that my love for driving will never go away.
After spending 10-15 days looking at different car options based on my must-have list, the Jeep Compass stood out as the ONLY option that met all of my wish lists (Unique car and brand. Had to eliminate VFM Korean SUVs for this reason, Great driving pleasure and build quality, Heavy on the functions & “luxury” feeling on the interior).
I had very good buying experience with Jeep Landmark Noida. The sales advisor was friendly, cooperative and not at all “intrusive”. He offered me several test drives. Although I originally planned to buy the car in 2023 to get 1 more year on the dealership, the Jeep discounts (~2L on the way) got me to sign the check on November 30th, and I had the car delivered in my choice of color on the 2 December 2022.
- Model: Jeep Compass Model S gasoline automatic.
- On road price: 30,80,000.
Inspection before delivery:
I am grateful to Team BHP for making me a conscious consumer. I had no idea what PDI stands for, or for that matter, the many problems reported with the Jeep Compass. After reading several posts on this forum, I conducted a detailed PDI in the showroom. Fortunately, I didn’t notice any problems with the car and happily accepted the delivery after a few days.
Experience after purchase:
Overall, I am very happy with the car. The way it drives on the highways can make you forget the big 30. My expectations for mail order service were also set to a minimum by all the posts on Jeep/FCA/Compass, so I was pleasantly surprised by the service provided by Landmark & FCA.
- Problem 1 (solved): I activated the Jeep Life app on the day of delivery. While the app started recording all driving activities and engine status on the very first day, I was unable to use the remote lock/unlock/horn functions via the app. I complained about this to Landmark Jeep’s CRM, and she immediately escalated this matter to the FCA team. I received a call from the FCA customer service representative who was already informed by the said CRM (I was very happy when he mentioned “I know all the details of your problem, I am calling you to inform you that I have escalated it to technical teams).. I checked my app the next day and the features are working perfectly now.(On that note, I also want to share that the Jeep Life app is actually super useful. It records all the driving the car has done, along with location, route, time, distance, etc. Although the UI/UX of the app could have been much better and I can share more information with anyone who is interested to know about the app in detail.)
- Issue 2 (Pending): I noticed a small panel hatch in the center console and I immediately recorded a video and emailed it to Landmark Service & FCA Group. My intention in sending this video was to “document” the sighting so that I could get it fixed at a later date if it became a major problem. I received a call from the Landmark Service manager who asked me more information about the problem and has promised to get back with a solution soon.
- Issue 3 (Pending): I may be jumping the gun by categorizing this as a “problem”, but I think the car’s AC could have been better. I’ve noticed that the AC works just fine if I set the temperature below 21°C, but if I set it just a notch above even 0.5°C, it doesn’t give as much cold air. My hypothesis is that it could be due to Delhi Winters and the car’s cabin temperature might be below 21°C, but I will get it checked when I get to the service center for #2.
- Fuel efficiency: FE was at 5.5 when I took delivery and now it has come to 11. I have driven 300 km till now in Delhi. Max FE recorded was around ~14 on a late night drive in Delhi.
- Things I love: The infotainment screen, interiors, sunroof, headlights, ride comfort and suspension (will give 11 out of 10 for this).
- Things that could be improved: Dedicated button for ventilated seats, dedicated button for 360 camera, ability to cycle through saved FM stations, useful wireless charging pad,
Check out BHPian’s comments for more insight and information.