The Jeep® brand introduced the all-new Grand Cherokee by recreating the iconic moment when the SUV was launched 30 years ago, driving through a glass window at a Detroit auto show. Since then, the Grand Cherokee has set an industry benchmark and quickly became synonymous with exclusive design and uncompromising capability. Today, the 5th generation of the iconic nameplate continues to build on its legacy as the most award-winning SUV ever, with its all-new exterior and interior design, world-class craftsmanship and first-to-market technology.
Jeep Grand Cherokee has been designed and engineered to deliver even more of what has made the SUV a true global icon in the premium segment, including legendary capability, class-leading space, innovative technology, versatility and advanced safety features.
Nipun J. Mahajan, Head of Jeep Brand India, added: “Jeep Grand Cherokee is our global flagship offering a new level of luxury, safety, technology and comfort. The all-new Grand Cherokee is the epitome of prestige and elegance for our unique, enthusiastic and growing customer base that accepts nothing but the best.”
Setting the standard
After more than 7 million global sales, the most acclaimed SUV of all time continues to set the standard among all SUVs. The newly introduced Grand Cherokee is based on an all-new architecture and has been carefully designed and engineered to deliver unmatched performance both on and off the road.
· Designed to meet the growing needs of Jeep customers who have asked for more space, versatility and functionality, the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee maximizes overall passenger comfort by creating generous interior space and provides passengers with expansive, class-leading in-car legroom . second row.
· More than 110 advanced safety and security features, including Active Driving Assistance System (ADAS), 360-degree surround view, drowsy driver detection, 3-point seat belt and passenger detection for all 5 passengers.
· 73% of the body is made of high-strength and advanced high-strength steel.
· Equipped with the award-winning 10.1-inch Uconnect 5 infotainment system, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the all-new Grand Cherokee features segment-leading technologies, including a 10-inch windshield Heads Up Display, digital rearview mirror and a segment-first 10.25-inch passenger display .
· Features handcrafted materials and modern amenities, resulting in the most luxurious Grand Cherokee ever. The front panel has new thin air vents, a realigned center stack for better accessibility for the driver. The all-new Jeep seating architecture features a length-adjustable cushion for front-row passengers. The new 8-way adjustable front seats have powerful lumbar support and memory. Heated/ventilated seats are available in the first two rows, with three-level configurable controls.
· The center console layout now features updated switches, more storage space in the front bin that holds two wireless devices and a wireless charger.
· The state-of-the-art Grand Cherokee is designed inside and out to deliver unmatched capability and composed driving dynamics. Its renowned 4×4 Quadra-Trac system and Selec-Terrain™ traction management system give the Grand Cherokee the Jeep brand’s legendary 4×4 capability.
· Another notable provision is the new Jeep SUV’s ability to automatically switch to four-wheel drive mode whenever the system detects the need. The renowned 4×4 Quadra-Trac system includes an active transfer case that transfers torque to the wheel with the most grip to improve grip.
The SUV offers a class-leading 215 mm of ground clearance and 533 mm of water clearance
· Jeep Grand Cherokee offers 33 connectivity features including 24×7 dedicated assistance, remote vehicle control, monitor vehicle parameters, navigation & connected traffic & travel, 24-hour monitoring and automatic collision/crash detection
The all-new architecture and sculpted aerodynamic bodywork and active grille shutters combine to improve vehicle performance, safety and reliability, while significantly reducing vehicle weight, noise, vibration and harshness. Designed to maximize overall occupant safety, comfort and convenience, the Grand Cherokee packs powerful punch with next-generation features and technologies that make it a standout in the full-size SUV segment.
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is now available at select Jeep dealerships across India with deliveries commencing in late November 2022.